WR DeSean Jackson Gets A 5-year $51 Million Deal From The Eagles

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Philadelphia Eagles have agreed with wide receiver DeSean Jackson a five-year, $51-million deal according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  2. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Its about time!

....Time for Desean to go party and get wasted then get in a fight and hit his gf then crash his Lambo HE JUST BOUGHT with his new money into the Washington DC police station full of Redskin fan cops...

WHAT IS WITH ATHLETES THESE DAYS?!?!?

3. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

wonder how they broke it down.:icon_smile:

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

nice no more distraction

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Hope it's incentive based so he actually plays to his abilities.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I'm waiting for the details of the deal and will post them when I see them.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

My money is on him mailing it in from now on.

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I think he'll be the 2010 DJ instead of the mopey little snitch he was last year. However, he could also be a mopey little snitch this season. I think however with everything off his mind(owing Drew Rosenhaus 2 million or however much he ran up) and having a healthy Maclin on the other side with a locked up Shady, we'll be okay. Michael Floyd isn't getting drafted in the first round anymore and I'd honestly be shocked if Plax ends up with the Birds. Good signing, potentially.

10. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

The deal is really around 47 Mil that can become 51 with incentives which is a good move on the eagles side

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

floyd is almost definitely a first rounder.

im a little surprised by this deal actually, i didnt think the eagles were gonna pay him holmes money

12. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Surprised by the deal but I think its a good move. I think his mopey snitchy play last season was correlated with not getting paid. He got his money now hes going to go produce.

13. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I should've been more specific. I meant by the Eagles. A lot of Mock Drafts had them taking him in the first. He's most definitely a first rounder by someone.

Once the report that he had to give Rosencock hand jobs for sandwiches came out it made a little more sense why he WANTED to get paid and rightfully so he felt he deserved it regardless of what we the lowly fans thought. I think it's a decent deal with little guaranteed money so no biggy. But either way he was obviously distracted and disinterested last year. Can't blame the guy but I can call him a whiny little snitch. :)

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Hardly any guaranteed money after 2013, so we can rid ourselves of him if we want. Salary hovers between 8-10 mil average for life of the contract, so if his punk butt gets back to form, he could potentially play this contract out.

Happy and sad about this. Wouldnt have missed him if we traded him, but we know what he is capable of and what he is calable of doing as far as being an explosive weapon and opening up the offense.

Fingers crossed...

15. jarhd1775

jarhd1775 Special Teamer

Whoa way over paid. Surprising move from the normally frugal Eagles organization. 4 TD's and less then 1000 yards last year, got benched due to his performance on the field, worth 51 million? Whoa.

16. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

They're looking at what he did previous to last year. And to be fair he was 40 or so yards of 1000 last year. He's still a game changer as long as his brains in the game. What other player not named Devin Hester gives opposing coaches nightmares at night?

And like BG said, they're only technically on the hook for 15 of it. He plays like crap in 2012 they release him no harm no foul.

17. jarhd1775

jarhd1775 Special Teamer

I dont know dude, still a ton of money for a guy who got just 4 TDs in 15 games w/ Mike Vick as the QB. I think the $ had more to do with the lack of WR available this season. Still, over paid in my mind, by a lot.

18. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

This coming from a fan of a team that guaranteed 20 million to a guy who has never caught 1,000 yards in a season and has had never had more than 6 TD's in a season that no one in the league cares about. DJ is a threat in SO many places. He makes teams rethink punt returns. They need to play someone in center field more often than not and with Shady that frees up a lot of space. He had an off year last year (in which he still racked up more yards than your 20 million dollar man) and they barely lose any money. The 15 mil basically pays this season and a bonus and then he's out if he's still crap. And last year Vick wasn't exactly 2010 Vick either. Either way, great signing.

19. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

this just drove the asking price for wallace up, wallace is have the whiner, just as fast, and not as one dimensional or delicate.

heck

20. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Agreed. He has no incentive now. What does he care?