WR DeSean Jackson Gets A 5-year $51 Million Deal From The Eagles

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Mar 14, 2012.

1. jarhd1775

jarhd1775 Special Teamer

Eagles fans hate to admit when a player is over paid, like its their money or something. DJ isnt anywhere close to worth 51 million.

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Lol. Hey, it could be worse. We could have paid 40/20 for Pierre freaking Garçon or 50/25 to a Brandon Carr.

Yes, Brandon Carr.

3. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

:pointlaugh:

Wait!!! Wait!!! Wait!!! This is a Redskins fan talking about overpaid players?!?!?! :clap:

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Can we please stop with the "you're dumb because you like team X" comments? That crap is annoying, stupid and ignorant.

But back to the subject of this thread- I initially though this was a dumb move and overpaying for Jackson, but with the deal backloaded and with the Eagles able to get out of it relatively inexpensively if he dogs it, it's not a bad move for the club. He stretches the field like practically no one else, I just hope Roseycunt explains the situation to him simply enough for him to understand that length of the deal doesn't matter so much anymore and he needs to TRY if he wants to keep getting paid.

If Manning can be released, no player in the league is safe for sure through the end of their deal. Not one.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

A lot of those players never see that money on the back end anyway. It's probably not as "bad" a deal as some people think...

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

my head is spinning from the money these receivers have been getting the last 24 hours ......... is the new 'norm' $10 mill for good receivers and $15 mill for great receivers?

this is getting up there close to QB money .............. not sure how i feel about this .........

right now, i'm feeling like the league is overrating wide receivers, just as cornerbacks have been overrated for the past few years but maybe they know best ............