WR Donte Stallworth Receives Ravens Ed Block Courage Award

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by Sweets, Dec 29, 2010.

1. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I don't think they made a statement saying everything is ok. Do you really think the proper moves by the Ravens' players would have been making a politically correct vote than what they felt in their hearts?

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I just don't understand how a man driving drunk kills another man, a FAMILY man, and gets 24 days in prison... when a guy who runs a dog fighting ring gets two freaking years in prison.

Don't mistake this for me saying Vick didn't deserve those two years... but 24 days for vehicular manslaughter is a joke.

I don't have a problem with the award.

4. DawkinsINT

Intention of actions is a huge part of the reason. The poor victim of Dante's crime crossing illegally also played a big part in his sentence.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Good point. Still, 24 days seems miniscule.

6. DawkinsINT

It does, but if a person is truly remorseful about his actions, it's a life sentence living with the guilt.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

i didnt like when vick got the award but really, do we all care that much what football players think ? it's not like either guy received a purple heart or nobel peace prize.

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

wondering if big ben is going to win this award for the steelers ? be a shame if he didn't considering how he has turned things around. :icon_cheesygrin:

10. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Legally yes the victim negligently contributed to his death by crossing illegally, but it doesn't justify Dante's actions and he should have been punished much more than what he was. Also, because of that and on that basis alone he shouldn't have won the award!! Terrible judgement on the part of his teammates whether they feel he's reformed or utterly devastated from the events. Like I said, watch the video if you haven't of the accident and you can clearly see he didn't give a heck then so I have no doubt it really bothers him now.

11. DawkinsINT

His actions in the video were while he was drunk. It doesn't make the total picture of his complete character. I completely understand where your anger comes from, but I can't help but side with his teammates who know him a lot more than you and I. I'm a complete believer in second chances and people learning from their past mistakes. I've learned a lot from my own.

1 person likes this.
  12. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I'm not sure what to think in a situation like this. Based on personal experience, I had a family member who drove drunk one night and killed a mother & daughter. And even after serving the punishment for that crime, this person proceeded to get another DUI later on in life. So...that isn't to say my personal experience reflects on Stallworth necessarily but I just hope he TRULY has learned his lesson. That is all.

13. DawkinsINT

I worked with a guy that drove drunk and killed a woman and her unborn child coming home from a baby shower. He seemed to show no remorse after the fact. He even made jokes about it. I try not to hate anyone, but I wish nothing but the worst for him.

14. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I tried drinking and driving once thats no fun i left my car at the bar before and walked home but triped on the bridge fell asleep and woke up there.

15. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Did anybody consider that maybe a drunk driver is the best option on the Ravens? :icon_cheesygrin:

If I remember correctly, he went home first and went out to get breakfast or something after sunrise and probably didn't consider that he was still over the limit. It was a stupid thing to do, but it's not like he left the bar at last call and couldn't walk and plowed somebody over on the sidewalk. He also stopped, called 911, and took total responsibility for his actions at the time unlike some Eagles QB's who were mentioned in this thread.

FTW

16. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

he should give the award back.