WR Dwayne Bowe Wants Greatness Like Larry Fitzgerald

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by Sweets, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

WR Dwayne Bowe has been a reclamation project for Chiefs coach Todd Haley since Bowe showed up overweight for the start of offseason workouts. Bowe was even demoted for a time during preseason, and Haley tried to get him to work harder and take his job more seriously. Bowe said he's gotten the point and is happy for the attention -- however negative -- Haley has given him. But he insisted the creation of a new Bowe is his own idea and not Haley's. "This is what I want," he said. "But coach Haley is trying to get greatness out of me and I understand it now, so that's what I'm trying to do. It's all showing out on the field. "He knows what it takes. He built (Arizona wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald) up to be as great as he is, and he's trying to do that with me. I see it and I know it and I'm trying to get there."

Source: KC Star

2. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

:clap01:

3. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I hope he gets the chance to come achieve that greatness in Baltimore.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

ok, young grasshopper, the first step in your attempted journey to greatness .............. look the ball ALL the way into your hands BEFORE you turn upfield ............... once you master step 1, we will move to step 2.

5. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Bowe has made some pretty good catches this season.....I hope he continues to make progress.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Haley seems to be the only one really holding him back by not trying to get him the ball more.

7. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Oh, I'm telling you...Haley's playcalling has me ready to scream half the time....too many running plays on 3rd and long is one of the main ones that really set me off. :icon_evil:

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I love this quote.

9. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Well he needs help from his team 2 be anywhere near Larry.

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Not until Cassell can put the ball where only Bowe can get will Bowe be that good. That's a big part of the Warner to Fitzgerald magic.