WR Greg Jennings Offered $10M A Year By Packers

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by Sweets, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Two NFL sources said that two-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Greg Jennings could very well wind up right back where he began, in Green Bay, Jason Wilde of ESPN Wisconsin reports.

According to one source, the Packers extended an offer to Jennings “a while ago†that averaged roughly $10 million per year, and the other source said Jennings’ agent, Eugene Parker, had been in discussions with the Packers about his possible return.

The Minnesota Vikings were reportedly one team that had expressed an interest in Jennings, but ESPNTwinCitties.com’s Tom Pelissero reported that the Vikings were not in fact actively pursuing Jennings, so it was unclear as of Tuesday night which teams were courting him.

“I definitely have some destinations in mind and I’m going to keep them close to the vest,†Jennings said. “I’m just enjoying this opportunity to be in free agency. A lot of players don’t get to experience this opportunity, and I’m one that does. So I’m going to embrace the opportunity and take my visits when we get those taken care of and lined up and I’m excited about it.â€

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, supposedly there has not been a lot of interest in jennings around the league so he may end up back in green bay

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

He should've eaten up that 10M..

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

it's almost hard to believe he could have been offered a healthy contract by the packers and not taken it. who would not want to make a crapload of money and continue to have aaron rodgers throwing you the ball? doesn't make much sense.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Dumb move if that $10M offer is valid...especially with Rodgers throwing you the ball and playing for the Packers. He might get that in a place like Minnesota (and no offense to Vikings fans) but its Minnesota and Ponder is not Rodgers...lol.

The winning tradition hasn't exactly been tied to the Vikings Franchise as of late...