WR Hines Ward Wants To Remain With Steelers

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Sweets, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward has let head coach Mike Tomlin and president Art Rooney II know that he wants to remain with the team in 2012, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports. "I just wanted to let them know I want to be here, I want to play," said Ward. "I have two years on my contact. I know I have to restructure, but, under the circumstances, I think I can still play football. Ward turns 36 next month and is coming off a season where he started nine of 15 games, catching 46 passes for 381 yards and two touchdowns. All of those numbers were Ward's lowest totals since his rookie season as Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown emerged as the team's top receivers, with Emmanuel Sanders supplanting Ward as the No. 3. "We have so many issues, we're $30 million over the cap," Ward said. "We have to figure a way to get that down. My cap number is not huge if I restructure [$4 million in salary]. There's like 10 other guys they have to get. "They really didn't say [definitively]. It wasn't good, it wasn't bad. We were just talking." Ward is due $4 million in base salary and has a $4.61 million cap number. Releasing him would clear $3.39 million from the salary cap.

Source: Mac's Football Blog

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

so over it. cut him and resign cotchery for christ sake