WR Josh Gordon Promises Browns He Won't Make Them Regret Pick

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by Sweets, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

New Browns rookie receiver Josh Gordon promised Thursday to stay clean and repay the Browns for taking a chance on him in the second round of the supplemental draft, Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports. "Despite everything I've been through, despite being a kid with a spotty background, the Cleveland Browns stuck their neck out and risked taking me and put their faith and belief in me, and I won't let them down," Gordon said in a phone interview. "I'm grateful, and I know I can't go back to being the person I used to be." "Cleveland was the only visit I made," said Gordon. "I had a good feeling they were going to draft me, but I was still shocked when they jumped up to the second round." The cost for the Browns was their second-round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. Browns General Manager Tom Heckert already had done his homework, talking to Briles, Taylor and Baylor assistant head coach Brian Norwood, the father of Browns receiver Jordan Norwood and a close associate of some in the Browns personnel department. "I couldn't find anybody to say one bad thing about the kid," said Heckert. "I drilled him pretty hard when I was with him. He didn't back down, and he told me everything that I thought I needed to hear from him."

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Look at those arms/hands..beast

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

It's what it's in between his ears that's the issue.