WR Mike Wallace Turned Down $76M From The Vikings?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by Sweets, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

There were many players who came out of free agency this offseason with a foul taste in their mouth, Mike Wallace wasn't one of them.

The playmaking wide receiver landed a five-year, $60-million deal with the Miami Dolphins. Wallace was happy to secure the contract he wanted, but he doesn't like any misconceptions that might have come with it.

"In free agency, with so many great guys, when you get the prize deal, it's always a good feeling," Wallace told USA Today after Wednesday's minicamp practice. "I just wanted to be happy. Money isn't everything. A lot of people last year, when I held out in Pittsburgh, took it the wrong way, felt like I was just being greedy."

Wallace's father, Robert Wallace II, said his son turned down a $76 million offer from the Minnesota Vikings. According to the father, the Vikings tried to sell Wallace on the idea that he only had to spend time in cold and snowy Minnesota during the season,Wallace had his heart set on South Beach all along.

"I know this: He's going to give Miami their money's worth," Wallace's father said. "Dolphins fans are going to love him. He worked hard and deserved everything he got. So don't call him selfish."

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Guess no price is too high to not have Christian Ponder as your quarterback

3. IX 7 III

IX 7 III Rookie

"snitches n hoes? Or frosty the snowman...."

...and I fade back to black.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good guy.

5. Badger

Badger Rookie

South beach vs living in a snowy, cold God forsaken wasteland? Yeah, I'd choose Miami too.