WR Mike Wallace's Days With Steelers Are Numbered

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Sweets, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports soon to be unrestricted free agent Mike Wallace and the Steelers will likely part ways in March. They gave him their best offer last year, reportedly averaging $10 million annually over five years, and he turned it down. They stopped negotiating with Wallace once camp started and he did not show up, and quickly turned their attention to Antonio Brown who signed a five-year contract for $42.5 million that included an $8.5 million signing bonus.

Essentially, Brown's contract signaled the end of Wallace's career in Pittsburgh.

Source: The Redzone

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Gonna be a big whole in that offense without a "speed guy" to open it up for Sanders Miller and Brown...

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Damn, he turned down 10 a year for 5? I mean I know the club could probably get out from under him sooner than that if desired, but still a pretty nice deal. He apparently wants a crapload of cash

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i agree. 5/$50 is more than fair if true.

5. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

gonna suck losing him

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

He pretty much blew last year...however, his speed is going to be tough to replace but he's not worth $10M a year.

Should be interesting to see them without Wallace.

7. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

is antino brown better than mike wallace tho

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Yes.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm sure another team will give wallace 5/$50 but i will really be surprised if he gets much more than that. i'm surprised he rejected it.

10. Crowned

Wallace will actually be better if he goes to a team with a quarterback who has a great deep ball. Roethlisberger's deep ball isn't that impressive and he usually underthrows a streaking Wallace who is already behind the defense. Although when he actually does get it to him it's usually dropped.

11. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

hell yeah but,i really lie Wallace speed..

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I want to see him in Indy.

13. Crowned

He would go off in Indy, Luck is money at hitting his receivers in stride.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like Brown as a receiving talent much more than Wallace. Wallace got overly criticized by some Pittsburgh fans because of the holdout, but the guy was downright bad at times. By his own admission, he just wasn't focused...and it showed on more than a few occasions.

Losing Wallace's over the top threat is going to affect some if the Steelers pass game, but Brow did have a couple deep receptions this year...but it's not like having that Wallace speed there. A lot of production gonna be lost too...

He'll wind up with New England...playing the Randy Moss Role...catching the deep balls, taking plays off...you know, the whole nine.

15. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

If he is pissed off enough at the steelers,he could go to the browns cause he is better than anything they got.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

That wouldn't bother me...Ike Taylor is pretty fast himself...

17. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Browns ain't paying $50M to a receiver this offseason. Massaquoi is a free agent but the guys they have are young and need looks to develop. Travis Benjamin might be even faster.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Alex Smith aint got the arm to get to Wallace anyway, it'd be a terrible waste of money for Cleveland.

Its not the kind of move the Niners ever make, but I just now considered Kaep throwing to Wallace and Im about half erect at the idea. They drafted Jenkins to play the Wallace role though, and I doubt they plan to give up on that already...plus the whole big name FA thing isnt their style and Wallace isnt their type of dude. Still...it would be heckin sexy.

19. groenator

groenator Rookie

Wallace is good in Chicago ... but i dont think that Bears will pay him

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

20. Crowned

Cutler is having wet dreams thinking about that. That would spell trouble for the NFC if they had Marshall and Wallace with Cutler's arm to hit him in stride every single time.