WR Titus Young Released By The Detroit Lions

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by Sweets, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Detroit Lions have had enough of wide receiver Titus Young and his antics, cutting ties with the second-year receiver on Monday, Tim Twentyman of Detroitlions.com reports.

The decision to release Young ends a short - and tumultuous - relationship between he and the team.

Young's behavior and attitude last season put the franchise in a bad position - one that ultimately led to today's decision. It started last spring when Young allegedly punched teammate Louis Delmas, which resulted in Young leaving the team for a short time.

He was banned from the team two more times during the regular season; once in November for intentionally lining up wrong in a game vs. the Packers and for insubordination, and again when he didn’t sufficiently take advantage of the second chance afforded to him when he was allowed to return from that dismissal.

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, i don't see any way the lions could have afforded to keep him on the roster just out of spite.

now, we will see if anyone is willing to take a chance on this head case.

3. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

when ya draft a guy and he gets hurt or hes just a bust is one thing

but to draft a guy with attitude problems on a team with coaching and already existing issues how did he even have a chance on a dysfunctional team like Detroit

lions draft a wr every year anyways

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Class A douchebag. I hope nobody picks him up.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'll say the Jets...

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

That makes a bit of sense actually

7. groenator

groenator Rookie

Was about time for Lions to do it... I wonder where he might go... Browns, Jets, KC? Hope I wont see him in Chicago....:)

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

titus young's high school coach is saying that Titus recently told him that he thinks he is better than megatron. when the coach thought he was joking, titus reiterated that he is better than calvin.

dude is a major headcase.

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Lol WOW

Even before hearing this, a big NO THANX in Cleveland

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's funny!!