WR Vincent Jackson's Agents Claim Chargers Limit Trade Options

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by MediaGuy, Aug 25, 2010.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

San Diego wide receiver Vincent Jackson was denied permission by the Chargers to talk to other teams besides the Seattle Seahawks about a trade, says Jackson's agents. That has left agents Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod to conclude that the Chargers have no interest in trading Jackson, who is unwilling to play under the one-year tender the team extended to him as a restricted free agent. "I asked the Chargers if we could talk to the rest of the teams in the NFL," Schwartz said. "They said there were certain teams they didn't want to trade him to, and I said, 'Fine, tell me those teams and we can exclude them.' Even after that, they said no, so the only conclusion I can come to is they don't want to trade him." Schwartz and Feinsod said approximately a half-dozen teams have expressed interest in Jackson, but were directed to speak with the Chargers. Seattle is the only team to have received written permission from San Diego to talk to Jackson, even though opening the market to other teams would seem to be a logical next move if the Chargers want to trade him. In addition, Schwartz said he asked the Chargers what the team would want in exchange for Jackson, but were rebuffed on that front as well. "We are trying to actively help [the Chargers] facilitate a trade so it can be a win for us and a win for the Chargers," Schwartz said. "This way, Vincent can move on with another team and the Chargers can get something for him. We never asked for a trade until [Tuesday]. Prior to that, the Chargers gave Seattle permission to talk to us. After that became public last week, four or five teams called us to ask about a trade, and we instructed them to talk to the Chargers because we didn't have permission to speak with any other team." "Vincent would love to continue playing for Chargers, but not under the present terms," Feinsod said.

Source: Yahoo! Sports