Xenforo - Suggestion Box

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by 86WARD, Dec 14, 2013.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

So do you like the color scheme no and just change the background to black?

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yea i'm using the gif colors now so a black theme on that would be cool, barring any unforeseen color clashing.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I can try that out later tonight. I did change some of the white to a light shade of gray on this current theme.

4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Just saw this thread, my biggest issue is that everything looks the same and it's hard to tell which threads have new replies (unless you look for the little square) whereas before it was a lot more visible or which threads are pinned etc. Not sure if there's a way to change that with this software.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

@BoltzRule - yeah...I'm not sure that is possible...

I agree that it's hard to distinguish between one thing and another sometimes.

6. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

I do not like having the post time stamp at the bottom of the post. I prefer it at the top. I dislike trying to check old threads (like the gif picture thread, not really that one but ones like it that have tons of old stuff in them) and having to scroll through the info to all the way to the bottom to see if it is a post I most likely already checked out.

7. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Can the Avatar/Username field in what used to be the postbit template on the old software be widened so someone's full screenname is displayed in one line?

8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

you mean your username isn't SteveRobWhateve?

9. SRW

Hell, if I could I'd just change it to S.R.W., less of a mess.

10. SRW

Just saw this, if you post in a thread it shows your avatar as well in the thread listings:

[​IMG]

86WARD likes this.
  11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Those Looking for a Dark Skin...check below and see if that works for you...

12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I like the red and black, but maybe too much grey for me. It kinda doesn't mesh well. It's really no big deal. I'm not trying to be a nitpicky butthole. I like the black background better.

13. SRW

In dark, you could try a darker gray around the avatar, like a #333333. If you are using Chrome, you can right click on the area and select 'inspect element'. From there you can find a
    WYSIWYG editor for colors. You can test it before you implement it.

14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

I checked the dark skin, it needs a bit more work. The light grey sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm not sure if black is the right color, maybe a dark grey would look better. The bottom where you choose to change skins the font is the same red color so you don't see the link to change to another skin unless you hover over it.

Those are the main things I noticed. Looks like others see the same thing.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Better?

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

@SteveRobWhatever - I'm looking for something to make the Avatar font smaller or the box larger and what I found isn't adjusting it...lol.

17. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Better, but still needs more tweaks. If I have time I'll mess around with things a bit and I'll post it.

18. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

This was just a quick one and I only did the front page but something like this imo would look good, obviously with a few tweaks to make it just right:

[​IMG]

Steve12 likes this.
  19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I could do another one and just rename it Darker...

20. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Is there or could there be the option of viewing the newest post first in a thread vs. listing posts in chronological order?