Yet Again, Buccaneers Coach Raheem Morris Calls Team's Effort Into Question

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by SRW, Dec 18, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris has a code he asks his players to live by. The first two words of it are “play hard.’’ For the third time this year Sunday, Morris had to admit his players didn’t comply. “Generally we haven’t had the play hard deal,’’ Morris said in the wake of the Bucs eighth-straight loss, this one a 31-15 setback at the hands of the Cowboys. “But last night, I’ve got to say, they’ve got to play harder than last night.’’ At a time when Morris’s future is clearly in jeopardy, he failed yet again to get a winning effort out of a team that never failed to play hard for him even during his difficult 3-13 maiden voyage. Bucs management even cited the consistent competitive nature of the 2009 Bucs as one of their primary reasons for retaining Morris following his rookie year as coach. Now he may not even have that going for him. “These guys work hard, they practice hard, and in general they play hard, so I wouldn’t say that’s been a continuing problem,’’ Morris said. “But last night I’d have to say it was. Last night we just got outplayed, and we won’t make any excuses on what or who, it doesn’t really matter. They have to go out and play hard, play fast, play smart and play consistent every single week.’’

Source: Tampa Tribune

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I've heard rumors that Morris doesn't work hard either.

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

got to get more character guys on that team. they have more talent than that to be losing like that. Personally I don't like Winslow or Blount. I think they can affect the team in a negative way. Also Haynesworth and Talib and Jackson isn't on my top 10 either. It just takes one bad character guy to ruin a team.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i love these coaches that question their team's effort or discipline (morris, schwartz, etc.) .............. hahaha ................ do they not realize they're calling themselves failures ?? it's THEIR jobs to motivate and teach discipline to a group of men ..........

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Can't be the game plan or preparation...gotta be the execution...

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i believe it's WAY more important for a head coach to be a motivator and teacher ........... he has to have a staff in place that can game plan/strategize/play call for individual opponents but the head coach has to be a leader of men to motivate them to give full effort and teach them to play with discipline.

these head coaches that keep throwing their players under the bus SHOULD just say, "I have failed as a head coach because my team didn't give effort and/or play with discipline"

7. lambertjr

lambertjr FNG

3-13 last year and 4-10 so far this year. This team has regressed thru the season and they need a dramatic change if Morris is going to stick around.....But I think he's gone.

8. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

I agree to a point. Coaches should motivate their players. But Its also the players responsibility to have his self prepared for each game. These are grown men and make more money then most of us will see in a life time. Does your boss come up to you each day and have to motivate you to do your job? But don't get me wrong I think this is a 50/50 deal.

And lamberjr they were 10-6 last year and 3-13 in 2009. Would think he might get one more year.....he is a young coach at 35.