You Be The G.M.

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by CaptainStubing, Dec 27, 2010.

?

Which Coaches Would you Fire?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2011.
  1. Tom Cable

12.5%
  2. Norv Turner

50.0%
  3. Eric Studesville

50.0%
  4. Leslie Frazier

6.3%
  5. Tony Sparano

25.0%
  6. Marvin Lewis

75.0%
  7. Eric Mangini

18.8%
  8. Jack DelRio

31.3%
  9. Jeff Fisher

18.8%
  10. Gary Kubiak

68.8%
  11. Jason Garrett

18.8%
  12. Mike Shanahan

31.3%
  13. Tom Coughlin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Jim Schwartz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. John Fox

87.5%
  16. Jim Tomsula

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

so, at this point, the majority at GIF would fire/not keep only 6 of the 16 on the list:

Norv Turner
    Eric Studesville
    Marvin Lewis
    Gary Kubiak
    John Fox
    Jim Tomsula

We're apparently easier to please than the real G.M.'s/Owners of the NFL because I have a feeling there are going to be a lot more than 6 head coaching vacancies in the off-season ................ I think the number will be more around 10

I'm especially surprised the majority of GIF isn't saying enough is enough to DelRio and Sparano ................... I mean, hell, most people thought the Dolphins were poised to win their division or at least make the playoffs and they didn't even come close .........

2. I think Sparano needs more time.

They had major qb issues this year and once that is fixed I think they'll be alot better.

With Del Rio he does just enough to where you can't fire him. I doubt they fire a coach who just took them to the playoffs.

3. But I did......:icon_cheesygrin:

Like I said earlier......the NFL moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while.....you can miss it. :peace:

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I chose DelRio to stay because in a year when they were supposed to be mediocre at best playing in front of the worst crowds in the NFL, DelRio really has done a good job.
    Sparano on the other hand was on my chopping block. Big expectations were replaced by major disappointments. Although the Lions are much improved, for the Dolphins to lose at home to a Staffordless Lions team was inexcusable. Yeah, I know.....parity. Well heck parity. That was a game the Dolphins should have won and an example of how Sparano cannot orchestrate a winner on the field. And as the new GM, I don't think he ever will so I'm firing him.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Safe:

Tom Cable
    Norv Turner
    Leslie Frazier
    Jeff Fisher
    Jason Garrett
    Mike Shanahan
    Tom Coughlin
    Jim Schwartz

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

DelRio has done a good job this season with the hand he's been dealt. He's got to go imo b/c he's just not getting the team over that "hump."

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Out of that list, the one who I don't think would/should return:

Norv Turner - Great offensive mind, never really shown it as a head coach. Chargers have had to rely on last ditch runs and luck (See 2008/2009 Broncos Collapses) to reach the play offs, and whilst he has done well on paper, this Chargers group should have made a Superbowl IMO.

Eric Studesville - Unlike the Vikings and Cowboys, this wasn't a move to see how a potential HC would work, they just wanted McDouchebag crap canned ASAP. No future, gone.

Marvin Lewis - Another team that should have gone places during his tenure but never really delivered. Team desperately needs freshening up.

Jack Del Rio - How Del Rio manages to retain his job is an act of magic. Constantly throws his players under the bus to disguise his lack of coaching ability and gets away with it because the team gets as much attention as Soccer in the US. Jaguars need to move on, in more ways than one.

Gary Kubiak - Okay the D sucked hard this year, but last year he took a sure fire play off team and got them barely above 50%. Texans really should move on if they are ever going to establish a tradition that doesn't involve them sucking.

Jason Garrett - Probably the toughest one out of the bunch, but I'm not a fan of his work as a co-ordinator (Mainly because his play calling is the most predictable since MartyBall left the NFL) so I went with the chop here. He's Jerry Jones' blue eyed boy though so I suppose he will probably retain the job for next year, even if his work only looks good because it's in comparison to the Phillips horror show.

John Fox - Not a bad coach by any stretch of the imagination, but the Panthers have gotten stale as of late and really could do with starting from scratch.

Jim Tomsula - Like Studesville, there's nothing that suggests that this will be any more than filling in. Still, nice to see NFL Europe alum still getting shots in the league.

8. CaptainStubing

from all indications from the reports this week, apparently Turner, Sparano, Frazier, Kubiak, and Coughlin are safe even thought the majority of GIF G.M's would crap-can Kubiak and Turner ...........

Fox has been fired not only by the GIF G.M.'s but also by the panthers.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Jerry Richardson must be a member on GIF. StarKiller?

10. markaz

Kubiak must have photos of Bob McNair doin' his secretary.

11. WOODDRIVER

WOODDRIVER Team Veteran

After putting in Bartel in the 3rd quarter, I'm about ready to put Whisenhunt on that list.

12. CaptainStubing

it had actually crossed my mind to put whiz on this list after such a trainwreck of an off-season and season but i don't think very many people would actually fire him. he's done more in arizona than anyone has been able to ...........

13. why? team had nothing to play for and bartel was no worse than skelton.

14. markaz

Agree with Wood. Whiz has completely mishandled the team since the mass departure and retirement of core players. People can piss on me all they want when I say that his first boner was cutting Matt Leinart at the 4th preseason game in favor of Derek Anderson. It was evident Leinart was not his guy (Leinart should have been the Day One starter)) and should have cut him loose at the beginning of training camp and address the QB position. Instead, he opts for Anderson and Hall and the rest is history.
    Where Whiz really deserves negative marks is his insistence that Russ Grimm is a quality O-Line coach. The Cards are routinely in the bottom five in sacks allowed, knowckdowns and hurries of the QB and at the bottom in team rushing in the NFL. That Whiz continually blames QB's and RB's for the poor numbers is a joke. The O-Line was and is a mess. If there is merciful God, Carolina will sign Russ Grimm as their new head coach and potentially rid the Cards of crapty line play.

15. notice how all your complaints are about player personnel?

and crap Warner did pretty well with that "crapty" o.line.

Calling Russ Grimm a crapty coach is like saying John Gruden hates qb's.

16. CaptainStubing

this is actually turning out to pretty funny ........... GIF would have fired norv turner, marvin lewis, and gary kubiak but their teams have decided to keep them and GIF would have kept Tom Cable, Tony Sparano, and Eric Mangini but they are all axed ............

who is right?

17. markaz

Is Sparano officially axed?

18. CaptainStubing

i don't think they've officially axed him but it seems they're already interviewing replacements so i don't think it looks very good for sparano.