Young Cornerbacks Starting To Show Their Ability

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Omen, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

By the second half of Sunday's game against the Buccaneers, the Cowboys secondary situation had reached the sum of all fears. Injuries and a suspension to their top three cornerbacks left the Cowboys with just Mike Jenkins, Orlando Scandrick and Alan Ball remaining at the position - two rookies and a first-year guy playing in only his sixth NFL game. As it turns out, the youngsters handled themselves pretty well.

Click Here to Read More

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Scandrick has really played well IMO
    Ball is coming around nicely for a guy who was drafted in the 7th round a year ago

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Ball has the tools to be a quality player. Quality starter.....maybe a stretch, but a quality Nickle guy

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

our secondary buckled down after Henry got hurt. That 5 and 10 yards off the WR crap has got to stop it hasn't been working for us at all this year, we did last year as well. It makes no sense. Ok Henry playing 5 yards off is fine but the other guys are all fast enough to cover. Lets not get too excited though, that was the Buccaneers and no matter what anyone says Jeff Garcia isn't very good. I mean hes decent but hes always had trouble against us, dating back to his days as a Brownie.

What I seen from Scandrick and Jenkins is just more of the same stuff they've been doing since day 1 they are a good pair of young Cornerbacks. Jenkins was making huge hits but Scandrick looked better in coverage last game.

5. Slammed

Slammed NFL-Fans Refugee

I love Orlando Scandrick!! Look at who my college team is! I have been watching this kid since he was a college rookie. I was/am stoked that he is a member of the Dallas Cowboys. I don't think anybody will be disappointed in this young man's heart.