Your Thoughts On Matt Cassel (So Far)

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by warcrychief, Oct 14, 2009.

1. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Cassel hasn't done anything against a team worth anything yet.

2. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Hatred. Patriot hatred.

...and that's okay.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yea CW you keep thinking that but so far I was right about him taking snaps under center and him holding on to the ball too long.:icon_cheesygrin:

4. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

He hasnt kill us against some to line Defenses.

5. chiefswin19games

Keep on believing there mj.

He's not the horrid QB you make him out to be(or made him out to be in previous months) and I think he'll turn out to be successful.

And I'll say it again, I won't truly start to criticize him until after I've seen what he does by the end of next season if I have to criticize him at all.

BTW mj, go mammals.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He didn't do great against the Raiders, he didn't do anything against the Eagles or Giants until garbage time and he did very average against the Cowboys.

7. chiefswin19games

...in your humble opinion. :icon_cheesygrin:

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Thanks, and for the Chiefs' sake I hope he turns out to be successful as well. However, I just don't see him as more than an average QB.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

:icon_cheesygrin: maybe, or maybe those rose colored glasses are in need of a new perscription.:icon_redface:

9. chiefswin19games

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

But again, the FO did NOTHING to help him out with getting rid of TG and not getting any help on the line. I will say that the front seven is really doing well. Just hope Haley doesn't go all psycho and want "his" guys and get rid of everyone doing something.

11. warcrychief

For no running game, O-line, or WR's. i think he has done pretty good.

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Still worried about that...

13. chiefswin19games

His O line is in shambles.

Getting rid of Gonzo was out of respect for his wishes based on what I've read and heard. We weren't contending anytime soon.

It's also too late to hope that Haley doesn't go psycho. :icon_cool:

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yea I just don't want to seem like a Chief hating douche.:icon_cheesygrin:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I understand why they got rid of Gonzo, but it still doesn't negate the fact he is the best receiving TE in football and losing him is going to be very very very hard to recover from.

15. chiefswin19games

Nah. Maybe a pat hating douche but you're alright with the tribe.

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

17. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I don't hate the Pats, I dislike them strongly and they cheat. I HATE the JETS though. But back to the subject, Cassel has looked unspectacular for a 60 million dollar man.

18. warcrychief

under pressure he (Cassel) delivered 2 get overtime.

there were time i questioned some of Haley's calls last game. but, when you think about it, there isnt much of a team here for Haley to work with. 3 of the 5 spot are solid on the O-line 1 sure starter at WR. and RB look at O-line.

19. chiefswin19games

Yes, so far the TEAM as a WHOLE has not lived up to PLAYOFF caliber expectations this year.

I just laughed at myself.

Cassel's large contract was a little disturbing to me when terms were released but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I see more. I'm sure most fans would if their team was in our situation.

20. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Got nothing else to go on so yea I agree.:icon_cheesygrin: Cassel works best with a spread offense in the shotgun. So what would be the best solution?..... That's right run the ball with LJ. If you are in a spread even guys like Bradley and Wade can look good.