Zygi Wilf Not Considering Firing Vikings Coach Brad Childress

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by BigBlueBruiser, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Despite the Minnesota Vikings' sixth loss of the season Sunday, coach Brad Childress' job appears safe for the time being. Owner Zygi Wilf told ESPN's Ed Werder following the Vikings' 27-13 loss to the Chicago Bears that he would not consider firing Childress. Wilf did say, though, that he would be traveling to Minneapolis after the Vikings (3-6) fell three games behind Green Bay and Chicago in the NFC North. On Oct. 5, a team source told Werder that Wilf considered firing Childress after the mishandling of Randy Moss' release, but the Vikings rebounded with a victory last week, 27-24 over Arizona in overtime. This time, there were no late rallies and with the Vikings well back in the playoff chase after Sunday's loss, quarterback Brett Favre was asked if he would keep playing this season if they were mathematically eliminated. "Let's not worry about that," Favre said. "Don't push it. ... I think there's still a little hope left. I can't speak for the rest of the team, but I do know the consensus seemed to be afterward that there is life still left."

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2010
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's a shame...

3. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Makes me sad to think about it. No matter what your perspective, Childress is the problem. Some people will say Favre is the problem, which goes directly back to Childress, and his inability to find a suitable QB. To think, this is the last year under Chilly's contract, until a 40 year old QB put up a career year and got him a 4 year extension.

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I've hears this before somewheres