Your usual fantasy guru Ray Tannock is taking a break from the rankings this week, so I am here to give you the lowdown on what's going to go down in Week Two. We had a lot of surprises at quarterback in Week One. The biggest one, obviously, being Cam Newton's breakout performance against the Cardinals. Things should settle down this weekend, but we could have a surprise or two that pop up out of nowhere.
Before I start, I would like to congratulate Ray for coming in first place in Fantasy Football Crystal Ball's Week One Accuracy Score for Quarterbacks last week. Way to go RAY!!!!!!!
Below are my quarterback rankings going into Week Two.
TOP FIVE WEEK-TWO MATCHUPS (MUST START)
1. Aaron Rogers (GB) @ CAR: Is there any reason to not put Rodgers at No. 1 this week? I know Tom Brady had that huge game against Miami, but my money is on Rodgers to lead the charge against a Carolina Defense that gave up 309 yards and two scores against Kevin Kolb.
2. Tom Brady (NE) vs. SD: Putting Brady any lower than No. 2 would be ridiculous. The guy simply doesn't stop at putting up big games. Hell, he even made Deion Branch look like a stud Monday night. The Chargers Defense will come back down to Earth after facing Donovan McNabb in Week One.
3. Michael Vick (PHI) @ ATL: Vick didn't throw for very many yards (187) against the Rams, but his two passing touchdowns and 98 rushing yards made up for it. Vick showed he still has plenty left in the legs. He will need that in, what figures to be, a very emotional game against his old team the Falcons in their house.
4. Matthew Stafford (DET) vs. KC: Stafford had a huge Week One, throwing for three touchdowns against the Bucs. Kansas City didn't have an answer for Ryan Fitzpatrick. And after losing Eric Berry to a torn ACL, Stafford should have his way with the Chiefs' secondary.
5. Philip Rivers (SD) @ NE: The Chargers' receivers were held in check by the Vikings, but Rivers still had a huge fantasy day, using both Mike Tolbert and Ryan Mathews in the passing game. If Chad Henne can look like a Pro Bowler against the Patriots D, Rivers should have a field day in Foxboro.
|6.||Drew Brees (NO)
||vs. CHI: Receivers are hurting, but Brees should still get the job done.|
|7.||Tony Romo (DAL)||@ SF: Sometimes I just want to smash that smirk off of Romo's face.|
|8.||Kevin Kolb (ARI)
||@ WAS: Eli looked like crap, but still put up 268 against the Redskins.|
||vs. SEA: The Seattle D faces an angry team this week.|
|10.||Jay Cutler (CHI)
||@ NO: Will throw a lot this week. INTs will be there, but the TDs will to.|
|11.||Joe Flacco (BAL)
||@ TEN: Coming off a huge win against Pittsburgh's Defense.|
|12.||Matt Schaub (HOU)||@ MIA: This offense might be even more dynamic with Jacoby Jones starting over Kevin Walter.|
|13.||Rex Grossman (WAS)||vs. ARI: Sexy Rexy has been a sexy waiver pick this week.|
|14.||Ryan Fitzpatrick (BUF)||vs. OAK: Fitz is the last of the remaining QB1 options this week.|
|15.||Chad Henne (MIA)||vs. HOU: Was it a mirage, or has Henne finally got the IT factor?|
|16.||Mark Sanchez (NYJ)||vs. JAX: I see more running than passing from the Jets' offense.
|17.||Josh Freeman (TB)||@ MIN: Not all that excited about the matchup this week.
|18.||Matt Ryan (ATL)||vs. PHI: I expect a lot of Michael Turner. Matchup isn't that good.
|19.||Kyle Orton (DEN)||vs. CIN: Will Orton hear Tebow chants again?|
|20.||Eli Manning (NYG)||vs. STL: Not sure what is up with Eli these days. Could be missing Hakeem Nicks Monday night.
BEST OF THE REST:
|21. Cam Newton (CAR) vs. GB: Isn't facing a soft Cardinals Defense this week.|
|22. Sam Bradford (STL) @ NYG: If he plays, he will be less than 100 percent and without Danny Amendola.|
|23. Alex Smith (SF) vs. DAL: Facing a beat up Dallas secondary, but Smith isn't anything special.
|24. Colt McCoy (CLE) @ IND: Threw for two scores last week, but the Browns may run a lot.|
|25. Jason Campbell (OAK) @ BUF: At best a QB2 in two-quarterback leagues.|
THE BOTTOM FEEDERS:
|26. Matt Cassel (KC) @ DET: Might still be bothered by injured ribs.|
|27. Matt Hasselbeck (TEN) vs. BAL: Faces a much tougher defense this week.|
|28. Kerry Collins (IND) vs. CLE: David Garrard anyone?
|29. Donovan McNabb (MIN) vs. TB: Will likely be chased around again.|
|30. Andy Dalton/Bruce Gradkowski (CIN) @ DEN: Doesn't matter which one starts.|
|31. Luke McCown (JAX) @ NYJ: More of a game manager than a baller.|
|32. Tarvaris Jackson (SEA) @ PIT: Not much more to say. Faces an angry Pitt Defense at Hines Field.|
I wish everyone the best of luck this week. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post below.