I will have to admit that through injuries and match ups, the team defense week 6 rankings were a little bit tougher than usual. Your gonna see some teams in some places you don't normally see them. I will do my best to justify why I have each team where I do. If you have any questions about where any team is please don't hesitate you ask in the forum.Minnesota is looking good this week
With all that being said here are my team defense week 6 rankings....
1. Minnesota Vikings - The Vikings D has continued to surprise everyone this year not to mention their special teams play. Percy Harvin has become an elite return man this year. They are facing a beat up Washington team and even if RG 3 does play Minnesota's D matches up well against the Redskins
2. Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore is going up against a Dallas team that is coming off a bye week. Last time we saw Tony Romo he was busy throwing picks to the Bears. Baltimore's D is still elite and I like the match up vs. turn over happy Dallas at home.
3. Atlanta Falcons - The dirty birds have been on fire so far this year and their 13 sacks to go with 9 picks is helping all their fantasy owners. This week's match up vs. a bad Oakland team in the Georgia Dome looks like another lock for fantasy owners.
4. Miami Dolphins - No that's not a typo. The Dolphins front 7 have been turning a lot of heads so far this year and have 15 sacks so far to prove it. Miami faces a St. Louis team this week that is still trying to figure out their WR situation. If the fins can get to Bradford they should put up some big fantasy numbers.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers - Tennessee's offense is a mess lately. Pittsburgh's front 7 is going to make it a long day for Mr. Hasselbeck. And there is still a search party out for CJ2K from 2010.
6. Cincinnati Bengals - Cincy's run D has been good this year and that is important when facing a Browns team that is centered around 1 man the T-Rich Express. Cincy's secondary has the abilities to create turnovers and will need to take advantage of their opportunities against a weak Cleveland passing game.
7. San Francisco 49ers - I know it's weird seeing them this low. The rematch from last years playoffs vs. the Giants could lead to a lot of scoring. If you own the 49ers don't be scared to play them but I had to drop them this low due to the "Eli" factor. San Fran definitely has the capability to create a couple of picks of Eli. Play them if you own them.
8. Houston Texans - Another team that I had to rank lower then usual due to the team they are playing, the Packers. Combine Aaron Rodgers with the fact that the "heart" of this D is now out for the year in Cushing I had to knock them down a little in the rankings. JJ Watts should still be able to get to Rodgers a couple times throughout the game but look for the Pack to expose the middle of the field with Cushing being out. Still, once again, if you have Houston's D don't hesitate to play them.
9. New England Patriots - Seattle is a tough place to go into and play. I'm still not sold on Wilson being an elite QB and look for the Pat's to try to confuse him with a lot of different packages. NE has been doing very good so far this year in taking the ball away (6 picks and 8 fumble recoveries).
10. Buffalo Bills - This under achieving D should finally break out vs. a bad Arizona O-line. St. Louis let the world know that you can get to Kevin Kolb.
11. New York Giants - G-Men are going to have their hands full with a 9ers offense that is seriously hitting their stride. NY's front 7 is the only reason they are ranked this high.
12. Seattle Seahawks - The Seahawks are a bit of a gamble due to the fact they are going up against Tom Brady, but as stated earlier Seattle is one of , if not, the toughest place to go into this year and be productive on offense. Just ask Aaron Rodgers. Seattle does have 16 sacks this year and this definitely isn't the NE o-line of old.
13. Cleveland Browns - Once again not a typo. Cleveland has 13 sacks and 7 INT's so far this year and their secondary is only getting stronger. Cincy's passing game has been pretty good so far this year but with Scott going on the IR Cleveland can afford to sit back more and take away Dalton's passing lanes.
14. Arizona Cardinals - Arizona's D has cooled off a little bit after their hot start. Still very good at taking the ball away and Ryan Fitzpatrick loves taking risks in the passing game. Arizona can produce some points this week. Only reason for the low ranking is Buffalo's run game has the ability to torch Zona's D.
15. New York Jets - Andrew Luck is developing into a good NFL QB. The Jets have a depleted secondary that he can expose. Indy is starting a rookie at RB. Not a terrible match up if you have no other choice but some of those D's above might be available.
16. Philadelphia Eagles - No one knows what Detroit team is going to show up this Sunday coming out of the bye week. If it is the Detroit offense from last year the Eagles are going to be in some trouble. This is the biggest gamble D this week because they could get straight up beat this week or they could have a stellar week vs. Stafford.
17. Denver Broncos - SD's offense seems to be getting their act together. I'd stay away from this one if you can. Rivalry games like this is very difficult to predict.
18. San Diego Chargers - See above. Manning looks better and better each week.
19. Washington Redskins - AP should have a field day against their week run D. Ponder is finding his footing as a good QB and this could get ugly.
20. Green Bay Packers - Going to be a rough one vs. a very good Houston offense. Green Bay has had a tough time this year stopping the run game and Aaron Foster should lit it up this week. Stay away from Green Bay if you can this week.
**Sleeper Pick this week: Tampa Bay Bucs.