It was just week 1, let's not overreact to some of this weeks performances. Your fantasy football trophy isn't to far out of reach if you suffered a week 1 injury. Lock and load guys and gals we're just getting started!
Alshon Jeffery left Sunday’s game against the Bills with a hamstring injury and missed the fourth quarter and overtime. We all know hammys can be a nagging injury but Jeffery has been seen without a limp and appears to be fine. I'd prepare for anything in week 2 but he should be OK.
Jordan Cameron injured his shoulder against the Steelers on Sunday. It appears to be an aggravation of the sprained AC joint he suffered in training camp. He'll try to play through the injury I'm sure, but it's going to be a headache for awhile if not the entire season.
Doug Martin injured his knee, not sure how long he'll be out but it doesn't look like a season ending type deal. Bobby Rainey was back up to Martin and scored a six-yard touchdown on a check down pass. Martin was the lead back early on, but Rainey was in the mix during hurry up late in the game and it’s hard to know how much was due to Martin’s injury or lack of production. You may want to take a closer look at Rainey on the waiver wire.
Tyler Eifert dislocated his elbow against the Ravens video (http://deadspin.com/bengals-te-tyler-eifert-suffered-a-very-gross-elbow-inj-1631665440), knocking him out of the Ravens game. FOX's Jay Glazer says the Bengals are "hopeful" he will only miss a few weeks.
Rams starting quarterback Shaun Hill exited Sunday's opener against the Vikings with a thigh injury, yawn, moving along.
Jordan "the brittle one" Reed tried to hurdle a Texans' defender during Week 1 loss and appeared to pull his hamstring. Coach Jay Gruden called it a "legit concern" which makes me believe fantasy owners should prepare to not have him for a week or two or three.
Toby Gerhart injured his ankle in the Jaguars loss to the Eagles, but was able to return to the game. Ankle injuries usually get worse before they get better but I bet Toby man's it up and plays though it like a real man in an Old Spice commercial.
Jadeveon Clowney is probably out for most of the year with a knee injury.
Fact or Fiction and Knee Jerk Reactions -
- RG3 is toast! False - This was the perfect storm, a serious ass pass rush versus an average/ below average offensive line coupled with a QB in a new system which he doesn’t have a full grasp of. Come Week 4 or 5 RG3 will be smoking.
- Brandon Cooks is the real deal? Fact - should be 100% owned in PPR leagues.
- Tennessee will compete this year? Fact - Their defense and offense both looked much improved. If you were on the fence about Kendall Wright now is the time to pull the trigger.
- Miller Versus Knowshon - Miller WAS the clear lead back, then he fumbled his entire season on one play. Knowshon entered and took full advantage rushing for 134 yards and a score. Knowshon should be owned in all leagues, did I just say that? Yes I did.
- Tony Romo sucks! Fact - but it's only every now and then and like RG3 (and Tom Brady) he was on his back more than a Vegas hooker.
Do you need Start Sit Advice? Waiver Wire Advice? Trade Advice? Get our 1 on 1 fantasy consulting for $1 - click here to sign up.