For the week 10 running back rankings, I have determined the pecking order for RBs whom you should be starting in your season long fantasy league. The closer a player is at to the top of these rankings, the more you will want to start that guy over someone lower down on the list. The rankings in week 10 are based on several factors. First would be season long consistency and high production. The guys at the very top of the list are players who come in week in and week out and have good weeks almost regardless of who the team plays. Second, players will get a bump up in rank in week 10 who will be facing a favorable opponent or there is a situation that would warrant a rise in an otherwise less productive player. Same thing can be applied to drops in rankings. It also excludes any players who will not likely be playing or on bye in the upcoming week. This isn't a list of who the best backs in the NFL are, it's a list to give you a better idea of who to start and who to sit. It's also a good opportunity to pick up a guy from the waiver wire (even if you plan on putting him back next week).
Must Start: If you have them on your team, do not bench them in week 10
1. DeMarco Murray: Dallas@Jacksonville- This doesn't need any explanation. Murray is already over 1,000 yards rushing for the season.
2. Matt Forte: Chicago@Green Bay- If he is on your team, you already know that he needs to start every week.
3. Marshawn Lynch: NYG@Seattle- Coming off an excellent week 9 performance and is in the top 10 in yards for 2014. Consistent player plus a favorable matchup at home.
4. Andre Ellington: Saint Louis@Arizona- Consistent RB, trending up from the last few weeks.
5. Le'Veon Bell: Pittsburgh@NYJ- Would be ranked better than this is he wasn't facing the Jets. *Side note: Big Ben having 12 touchdowns and 0 interceptions in the last two weeks blows my mind.
6. Ronnie Hillman: Denver@Oakland- Hillman is now an integral part of the Bronco's offense and expect his stock to stay on the rise throughout week 10.
7. LeSean McCoy: Carolina@Philadelphia - McCoy is back and if you're debating whether to start him this week, well there really shouldn't be a debate here. You absolutely have to start him against the Panthers if you have him!
8. Justin Forsett: Tennessee@Baltimore- Forsett has the 5th most yards this season of all RBs. Great matchup at home.
9. Jamaal Charles: Kansas City@Buffalo- Charles, like McCoy, is starting to play like his 2013 form.
10. Mark Ingram: San Fransisco@New Orleans- The "it" RB as of late is trending upward in stats but faces a tough opponent. His recent stats could land him with a better position on this list but it's hard to have that much faith in someone who hasn't started much of the season. Too few data points to accurately analyze.
11. Jeremy Hill: Cleveland@Cincinnati- Huge Thursday night divisional game with Giovani Bernard out. Hill will get lots of action in the spotlight against a favorable opponent.
12. Lamar Miller: Miami@Detroit
Start these guys if you don't have the guys above
13. Bobby Rainey: Atlanta@Tampa Bay- The matchup this week puts him this high on the list.
14. Eddie Lacy: Chicago@Green Bay
15. Darren Sproles: Carolina@Philadelphia- This matchup is just too juicy not to have him in this position even with Mark Sanchez starting.
16. Steven Jackson: Atlanta@Tampa Bay- Less potential than Rainey in the same game but Tampa Bay and Atlanta both are bad against the run.
17. Ben Tate: Cleveland@Cincinnati- If he can't get it done in week 10 after several favorable matchups, then the team should go back to Terrance West and Isaiah Crowell.
18. Denard Robinson: Dallas@Jacksonville
19. Frank Gore: San Fransisco@New Orleans
20. Jonathan Stewart: Carolina@Philadelphia
21. Reggie Bush: Miami@Detroit- Practiced on Monday, seems to be ready to go for Sunday.
22. Chris Ivory: Pittsburgh@NYJ
23. Darren McFadden: Denver@Oakland
24. Terrance West: Cleveland@Cincinnati- West had more carries than Tate last week, which may be an indication of future games.
The best of the rest
25. Lorenzo Taliaferro: Tennessee@Baltimore
26. Chris Johnson: Pittsburgh@NYJ
27. Joique Bell: Miami@Detroit
28. Deangelo Williams: Carolina@Philadelphia
29. Knile Davis: Kansas City@Buffalo
30. Tre Mason: St. Louis@Arizona