The intention of these week 12 running back rankings are to help you get a better idea of who you should be starting and who you should be sitting in your season long fantasy league. The players in these ranking are quite different from a list of players you might be targeting for daily fantasy football. Rankings are based on fantasy points per game and upcoming matchup. The players up at the top of the week 12 running back rankings are just about matchup proof and should start every week if you have them.
These rankings are a guide and in no way any guarantee as to who the best performers in week 12 will be. Any player injured or on bye will not be included in the week 12 RB rankings.
Must Start: If you have them on your team, do not bench them in week 12
1. DeMarco Murray: Dallas@NYG
The top 5 on these week 12 rankings are must starts. Murray, Charles, Forte, Lynch and Lacy are just about a lock to have a great week and don't really need much explaining. If you have any of these 5 guys absolutely start them!
2. Jamaal Charles: Kansas City@Oakland
3. Matt Forte: Tampa Bay@Chicago
4. Marshawn Lynch: Arizona@Seattle
5. Eddie Lacy: Green Bay@Minnesota
6. Justin Forsett: Baltimore@New Orleans
The matchup isn't amazing as the Saint's defense is getting better at stopping the run but Forsett has been really consistent and performs well even against matchups that aren't the best.
7. LeSean McCoy: Tennessee@Philadelphia
Still in the top 10 because of his yearly yardage. This week actually is a very favorable matchup and has the potential for McCoy to have top 3 RB numbers in week 12. Just look what Le'Veon Bell did on Monday night against the Titans.
8. Giovani Bernard: Cincinnati@Houston
It appears that Bernard will be good to go this week so I think he comes back with the majority of touches over Jeremy Hill. Keep an eye on his status throughout the week to see if he will actually play.
9. Andre Ellington: Arizona@Seattle
This rank may seem a little high considering Seattle's highly touted defense but it really isn't as good as people like to think. If you watched Sunday's game against Kansas City you know that Jamaal Charles had no problems getting positive yardage on nearly every play. Ellington isn't Charles but he is still pretty consistent and has pretty good fantasy points per game average so far in 2014.
10. Mark Ingram: Baltimore@New Orleans
Ingram really has given the Saint's some life and he has had some great games. The Ravens defense is not favorable for running backs but his production and usage so far is undeniable.
11. Denard Robinson: Jacksonville@Indianapolis
A little risk here because the Colts could really end up blowing the Jaguars out of the water and they might abandon the run game to try and play catchup but the Colt's defense is really iffy especially against the run. Robinson really provides some pop in that offense and they will likely try to get the ball in his hands as much as they can.
12. Alfred Blue: Cincinnati@Houston
This pick is completely dependent on the status of Arian Foster. If Foster plays, then he cracks into the top 5 in the week 12 RB rankings. The matchup is favorable for whomever starts against the Bengals.
If Blue starts again this week, the number could match what was seen by him in week 11
Start these guys if you don't have the guys above
13. Jonas Gray: Detroit@New England
Week 11 was a huge wow moment for Gray and he could have another big week even against a very good Lion's defense.
14. Rashad Jennings: Dallas@NYG
Consistent play in a game that will be determined by the rushing attack if the Giants want to keep the Cowboys offense off the field for as long as they possibly can. Giants have a chance to upset this week in the NFC East.
15. C.J. Anderson: Miami@Denver
16. Joique Bell: Detroit@New England
17. Trent Richardson: Jacksonville@Indianapolis
With Bradshaw out, this gives Richardson a chance to shine against a very favorable opponent.
18. Darren Sproles: Tennessee@Philadelphia
Again there is always that possibility that Sproles will have a better week than McCoy but both are still good picks against the Titans.
19. Lamar Miller: Miami@Denver
20. Tre Mason: St. Louis@San Diego
21. Isaiah Crowell: Cleveland@Atlanta
Ben Tate is gone and both West and Crowell will get significant touches from here on out. I get the feeling Crowell is beginning to be favored because of his play in practice. Just listen to Pettine in this interview at about 1:25 minutes.
22. Jeremy Hill: Cincinnati@Houston
This position is contingent upon Giovani Bernard. If Bernard doesn't start this week, you can put Hill up closer to the top 15.
23. Fred Jackson: NYJ@Buffalo
24. Frank Gore: Washington@San Francisco
The best of the rest: Start these guys if that's all you have
25. Alfred Morris: Washington@San Francisco
26. Steven Jackson: Cleveland@Atlanta
27. Bishop Sankey: Tennessee@Philadelphia
28. Ryan Matthews: St. Louis@San Diego
29. Doug Martin: Tampa Bay@Chicago
30. Jerick McKinnon: Green Bay@Minnesota
31. Chris Ivory: NYJ@Buffalo
32. Reggie Bush: Detroit@New England
33. Knile Davis: Kansas City@Oakland
34. Terrance West: Cleveland@Atlanta
35. Charles Sims: Tampa Bay@Chicago
36. Latavius Murray: Kansas City@Oakland