If you've got a big-play tight end on your roster, chances are you're sleeping a little easier ahead of the most intense time of the fantasy football season. The playoffs are right around the corner, and having that reliable X factor at the tight end position is always a nice bonus in the marathon that seemingly began just yesterday. Before we know it, the NFL playoffs will be upon us, so whether you're aiming for a top-four finish or a consolation berth (Hello, it's me...), savor the action over the next couple of weeks and let the chips fall where they may (or read up on voodoo, black magic, magic the gathering, etc.). Here are your week 14 tight end rankings.
Remember: an asterisk (*) next to a player's name denotes a possible injury concern for that player.
Week 14 Tight End Rankings 1-10
1. Greg Olsen vs ATL- If Rob Gronkowski misses out again in week 14, Olsen stays atop the charts. He and the unbeaten Panthers get the reeling Falcons in week 14.
2. Travis Kelce vs SD- Quiet in week 13, but he's got a cake matchup with the lifeless Chargers in week 14.
3. Tyler Eifert* vs PIT- Keep an eye on his injury situation through the week, but early indications are that he'll play. The Steelers have been known to be a tight end-friendly defense, and Eifert was practically residing in the end-zone before going down.
4. Delanie Walker @ NYJ- Marcus Mariota's favorite target is a safe weekly play. He's been a big-play machine, and is beating DBs in man coverage left and right. He's a high-end TE1 this week.
5. Gary Barnidge vs SF- A humanlike 5/59 line in week 13. The targets, however, are still there, and a nice matchup with San Fran beckons.
6. Jordan Reed @ CHI- A weapon all over the field, especially in the red-zone. Reed is coming off a quiet week 13, but he and the Redskins are still very much alive in the NFC East race, and are due to shake back. This game should feature scoring opportunities aplenty.
7. Antonio Gates @ KC- The injury-riddled Chargers' season has spiraled out of control, but Gates is still producing. He's scored 7 career touchdowns against KC.
8. Scott Chandler @ HOU- Went for 4/61/1 (7 targets) in place of Rob Gronkowski, and will once again be a strong option in week 14 if the aforementioned Gronk can not play. (We're assuming he won't; if he does, you already know where he ranks.)
9. Benjamin Watson @ TB- He's become Drew Brees' preferred security blanket. Expect him to have plenty of windows to exploit against Lovie Smith's Tampa-2 defense.
10. Julius Thomas vs IND- Salvaged an otherwise quiet week 13 with a touchdown. Look for him to get back on track against a Colts defense that had trouble covering some dude called Jesse James last week.
Week 14 Tight End Rankings 11-32
11. Jacob Tamme @ CAR
12. Jason Witten @ GB
13. Martellus Bennett vs WAS
14. Zach Ertz vs BUF
15. Heath Miller* @ CIN
16. Richard Rodgers vs DAL
17. Charles Clay @ PHI
18. Austin Seferian-Jenkins vs NO
19. Will Tye @ MIA
20. Kyle Rudolph @ ARI
21. Jordan Cameron vs NYG
22. Luke Willson @ BAL
23. Eric Ebron @ STL
24. Coby Fleener @ JAX
25. Crockett Gillmore vs SEA
26. Vernon Davis vs OAK
27. Vance McDonald* @ CLE
28. Ryan Griffin vs NE
29. Dwayne Allen @ JAX
30. Jared Cook vs DET
31. Ladarius Green @ KC
32. Owen Daniels vs OAK
Week 14 Tight End Sleepers
Austin Seferian-Jenkins vs NO- He's finally back in the lineup and faces the woeful saints defense in week 14.
Ryan Griffin vs NE- Becoming a reliable target for Brian Hoyer. The one thing Bill O'Brien's offense has lacked is a viable commodity at tight end, and Griffin can be that guy.
Owen Daniels vs OAK- The tight end-friendly Raiders could be a nice spot for Daniels to shine as Vernon Davis (concussion) looks unlikely to play at this point.
Jesse James @ CIN- If Heath Miller can not go, James showed that he can be a reliable target for Ben Roethlisberger. He's also displayed some red-zone chops in his previously limited role.
Week 14 Tight End Injuries to Monitor
Tyler Eifert (back)
Rob Gronkowski (knee)
Heath Miller (ribs)
Lance Kendricks (concussion)
Vance McDonald (concussion)