It's week 17. Whether your league extends into the final week of the regular season or you're finally going to take a crack at the daily formats, we've got you in mind with our week 17 tight end rankings. Remember: Injuries are still as prevalent as ever, and it always gets tricky around weeks 16 and 17 in regards to coaches resting their players. We'll try to factor all those conditions in as we sort through everything. Here are your tight end rankings for week 17.
Remember: an asterisk (*) next to a player's name denotes a possible injury concern for that player.
Week 17 Tight End Rankings 1-10
1. Jordan Reed @ DAL- Reed has a chance to eclipse the 1,000 yard mark against the Cowboys. Will have plus matchups all over the field.
2. Greg Olsen vs TB- The Panthers still have to win in week 17 in order to clinch the NFC's top seed, therefore Greg should see plenty of snaps, at least early in the game.
3. Gary Barnidge vs PIT- Big Play Barnidge and the Browns' season was done weeks ago, so there are no playing time concerns here. Locked in as a top-3 matchup against the Steelers' leaky defense.
4. Travis Kelce vs OAK- Kelce looks like he is back in early-season form and has a really nice matchup. KC has clinched a playoff berth, but the Chiefs are still jockeying for the highest possible seed.
5. Rob Gronkowski @ MIA- Bengals loss on Monday means Gronk, Brady and co. may get some early rest in week 17. Tread carefully here and consider Scott Chandler if need be.
6. Benjamin Watson* @ ATL- After being limited in week 16 with a knee injury, Watson figures to trend back towards a full snap count in week 17. Had a monster 10/127/1 game against Atlanta in week 6.
7. Delanie Walker @ IND- Security blanket and chain-mover extraordinaire, Walker tends to come up big in divisional games like this one.
8. Zach Ertz @ NYG- Ertz looks like he has finally settled in as a key cog in the Eagles' offense. Has seen a whopping 30 targets over the last two games, catching 13 of them in week 16.
9. Antonio Gates @ DEN- Gates had a down week 16 and has arguably the worst matchup of week 17, but we wouldn't write him off from producing with San Diego needing to air it out if they are going to end their season on a high note.
10. Julius Thomas @ HOU- Disappointing week 16 against a Saints defense that has been shredded all year. Houston's defense will be locked in on the two Allens out wide, so JT will be needed to exploit the softer areas.
Week 17 Tight End Rankings 11-32
11. Tyler Eifert* vs BAL
12. Jason Witten vs WAS
13. Heath Miller @ CLE
14. Zach Miller vs DET
15. Richard Rodgers vs MIN
16. Austin Seferian-Jenkins @ CAR
17. Charles Clay* vs NYJ
18. Jacob Tamme vs NO
19. Eric Ebron @ CHI
20. Kyle Rudolph @ GB
21. Coby Fleener vs TEN
22. Will Tye vs PHI
23. Vance McDonald vs STL
24. Clive Walford @ KC
25. Ryan Griffin vs JAX
26. Vernon Davis vs SD
27. Ladarius Green @ DEN
28. Maxx Wiliams @ CIN
29. Jordan Cameron vs NE
30. Cooper Helfet @ ARI
31. Jared Cook @ SF
32. Blake Bell vs STL
Week 17 Tight End Sleepers
- Jacob Tamme vs NO- Streaming tight ends against the Saints? Good plan. Tamme is your guy in week 17.
- Vance McDonald vs STL- Back off of his concussion and had a big day in week 16. One of the few bright spots for the Niners this year.
- Cooper Helfet @ ARI- With Jimmy Graham out and Luke Willson (concussion) looking very iffy, Helfet could be a deep sleeper in week 17.
Week 17 Tight End Injuries to Monitor
Charles Clay (back)
Tyler Eifert (concussion)
Benjamin Watson (knee)
Luke Willson (concussion)
Good luck in week 17.