With Week 4 being the first bye week of the NFL season, the Week 4 Running Back Rankings are going to miss a few big names like Marshawn Lynch, Giovani Bernard and Zac Stacy. These guys being out is going to hurt those owners who are already hurting due to injuries and bad play. All we can do is suck it up, hope that we get some luck on our side, and we can pull out a much needed win as the first quarter of the season is coming quickly to a close.
With all that said, lets take a look at this week's Week 4 Running Back Rankings.
THE FABULOUS ONES (GUYS YOU MUST START)
1. DeMarco Murray (DAL) vs. NO - Hits the No. 1 spot with 3-straight 100+ yard games.
2. Matt Forte (CHI) vs. GB - Should pick it up this week in a much easier match.
3. LeSean McCoy (PHI) at SF - Still a must-start option, but that offensive line is decimated.
4. Le'Veon Bell (PIT) vs. TB - A matchup-proof running back who plays great against stronger defenses.
5. Alfred Morris (WAS) vs. NYG - Kirk Cousins will help the run game become better every week.
6. Eddie Lacy (GB) at CHI - If Lacy is going to prove he is an RB1, it's this week. If not, he's going to start getting the bust tag.
7. Rashad Jennings (NYG) at WAS - Passing game is going up, which gives Jennings more open lanes.
8. Donald Brown (SD) vs. JAC - Has the backfield all to himself. Matchup is strong.....on paper.
9. Lamar Miller (MIA) at OAK - Start him while you can. Posting close to 5.8 yards a carry.
10. Jamaal Charles (KC) vs. NE - Last week's loss was tough. Currently expected to start.
11. Frank Gore (SF) vs. PHI - Was throttled last week, but the Eagles are a better team to run against.
12. Arian Foster (HOU) vs. BUF - Make sure to check the inactives as Foster may NOT play. Make sure to have Alfred Blue handy if he's out.
THE QUESTIONABLE ONES (STARTERS THAT HAVE QUESTION MARKS)
13. C.J. Spiller (BUF) at HOU - Spiller isn't an inside runner like the team thinks he is. If this continues, he's going to lose value fast.
14. Ahmad Bradshaw (IND) vs. TEN - Clearly continues to be the better running back over T-Rich
15. Doug Martin (TB) at PIT - After Rainey's performance last week, Martin should easily get his starting job back. The Steelers front 7 are hurting.
16. Stevan Ridley (NE) at KC
17. Khiry Robinson (NO) at DAL
18. Matt Asiata (MIN) vs. ATL - Asiata will continue to dominate the touches until the Vikings figure out how to get Jerick McKinnon more involved.
19. Shane Vereen (NE) at KC
20. Reggie Bush (DET) at NYJ
21. Pierre Thomas (NO) at DAL - A continued low-end RB2 with Robinson getting a majority of the carries.
22. Fred Jackson (BUF) at HOU - Had a big PPR game this past week, but pretty inconsistent.
23. DeAngelo Williams (CAR) at BAL
24. Joique Bell (DET) at NYJ
THE BARGAIN BIN (WHERE SOME ITEMS ARE GREAT,
BUT THERE ARE ITEMS WE HATE)
25. Darren Sproles (PHI) at SF
26. Trent Richardson (IND) vs. TEN
27. Steven Jackson (ATL) at MIN
27. Christopher Ivory (NYJ) vs. DET
29. Chris Johnson (NYJ) vs. DET
30. Darren McFadden (OAK) vs. MIA
31. Alfred Blue (HOU) vs. BUF
32. Lorenzo Taliaferro (BAL) vs. CAR
33. Toby Gerhart (JAC) at SD
34. Shonn Greene (TEN) at IND
35. Bobby Rainey (TB) at PIT
36. Justin Forsett (BAL) vs. CAR
37. Carlos Hyde (SF) vs. PHI
38. Dexter McCluster (TEN) at IND
39. Bernard Pierce (BAL) vs. CAR
40. LeGarrette Blount (PIT) vs. TB