Like Week 5, the Week 6 Running Back Rankings won't be taking as much of a hit as the Saints and Chiefs are scheduled off this weekend. Obviously the biggest miss will be Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles. But with the misuse of Charles in 3 of the first 4 games, the loss won't be THAT bad compared to last year. Andy Reid should use this off week to figure out he needs to get the ball into the hands of his best player heading into Week 7.
At the very least, this week will be easier to set most lineups since owners won't need to scramble around like chickens looking for bottom-basement options just to roster a complete starting lineup. Charles owners should make out okay for the most part.
THE FABULOUS ONES (GUYS YOU MUST START)
1. Matt Forte (CHI) at ATL - Doesn't get as good as this. The Falcons Defense as a whole is dreadful.
2. Marshawn Lynch (SEA) vs. DAL
3. Arian Foster (HOU) vs. IND
4. Le'Veon Bell (PIT) at CLE
5. DeMarco Murray (DAL) at SEA - Tougher matchup this week, but Murray is simply too good to bench in favor of a lower-tier player.
6. Giovani Bernard (CIN) vs. CAR
7. Eddie Lacy (GB) at MIA - Finally came up big for owners last week. Doing it again is the question mark.
8. Andre Ellington (ARI) vs. WAS
9. LeSean McCoy (PHI) vs. NYG - Oh how the might have fallen. McCoy's offensive line is giving him no help. It doesn't look like this will end anytime soon while center Jason Kelce is out.
10. Frank Gore (SF) at STL
11. Andre Williams (NYG) at PHI - Won't do much in the receiving game, but the guy is a bulldozer who could get 100+ rushing yards on the ground.
12. Ben Tate (CLE) vs. PIT
THE QUESTIONABLE ONES (STARTERS THAT HAVE QUESTION MARKS)
13. Branden Oliver (SD) at OAK - Did more last week than Donald Brown ever could. Even if Brown somehow plays, Oliver deserves the lion's share of the touches.
14. Alfred Morris (WAS) at ARI
15. Ahmad Bradshaw (IND) at HOU - Trent Richardson continues to start, but Bradshaw is the best running back in the Colts' backfield.
16. Justin Forsett (BAL) at TB
17. Fred Jackson (BUF) vs. NE - Has been a PPR monster who has pushed Spiller out of the top 24 rankings.
18. Christopher Ivory (NYJ) vs. DEN
19. Steven Jackson (ATL) vs. CHI
20. Lamar Miller (MIA) vs. GB - Might have bumped Miller down even more with Knowshon Moreno back, but I'll hope the Dolphins allow Miller to lead the way for at least one more week.
21. Stevan Ridley (NE) at BUF
22. Matt Asiata (MIN) vs. DET - Nervous about this matchup. Asiata will need to score a touchdown or two to make it worth starting him.
23. Zac Stacy (STL) vs. SF - Expected to play after suffering a calf injury against the Eagles, but Benny Cunningham is slowly starting to push for more carries.
24. Ronnie Hillman (DEN) at NYJ - Bad matchup, but Hillman's PPR value makes him worth a start while Montee Ball (groin) is out.
THE BARGAIN BIN (WHERE SOME ITEMS ARE GREAT,
BUT THERE ARE ITEMS WE HATE)
25. Doug Martin (TB) vs. BAL
26. Bishop Sankey (TEN) vs. JAC
27. Shane Vereen (NE) at BUF
28. Darren Sproles (PHI) vs. NYG
29. C.J. Spiller (BUF) vs. NE
30. Trent Richardson (IND) at HOU
31. Jeremy Hill (CIN) vs. CAR
32. Knowshon Moreno (MIA) vs. GB
33. Joique Bell (DET) at MIN
34. Jerick McKinnon (MIN) vs. DET
35. Bobby Rainey (TB) vs. BAL
36. Shonn Greene (TEN) vs. JAC
37. Darren McFadden (OAK) vs. SD
38. Benny Cunningham (STL) vs. SF
39. Chris Johnson (NYJ) vs. DEN
40. Reggie Bush (DET) at MIN
41. Lorenzo Taliaferro (BAL) at TB
42. Ronnie Brown (SD) at OAK
43. Antone Smith (ATL) vs. CHI
44. Darrin Reaves (CAR) at CIN