There's a lot of tight games in week 8. To be successful we'll try to glean as much information as we can from the offensive line versus defensive line match-ups as we can. The rankings are based on allowed sacks, QB hurries, hits, etc for both sides of the ball. This week I've added fantasy points allowed versus position as another indicator of possible success. As usual I've highlighted the team defenses that appear to have a solid OL/DL match-up, low implied points as well as a favorable fantasy points allowed rankings.
Week 8 Defenses to Target Based on Matchup
- Denver Team Defense: The Chargers are ranked 20th in points allowed to opposing defenses. They faced Denver in week 6 @SD and DEN scored 6 fantasy points on defense. Vegas thinks it will be a different story @DEN giving SD an implied score of 19.5.
- Tennessee Team Defense: We saw how that played out last night. To bad for garbage time.
- Arizona Team Defense: Cam Newton is taking sacks at an alarming rate. His throws are usually off target and Arizona will capitalize.
- Minnesota Team Defense: Chicago is rolling out Cutler, enough said. This is my top play of the week.
On Offense In Week 8
- Green Bay versus Atlanta is the obvious pick, even without the chart. But the chart does help solidify the premier match-up for me.
- Oakland has failed us before in sweet match-ups this season. But the Oakland versus Tampa has tons of potential for a shootout, so much that Vegas can't even come up with a spread.
Follow up with positional match-up ratings for week 8. The have a look at our projections / rankings. I'll post our optimal lineup for DFS later today as well as the ownership report from Thursday's contest. Good luck this week and if you need anything let me know in the forums.