It won't be too hard to miss Gore considering he's only averaged 60.4 yards a game, his lowest rushing average since his rookie season back in 2005. He's been less than an RB2 with Carlos Hyde gaining ground. Williams filled in just well enough for an injured Rashad Jennings. But like a player running in a lake of maple syrup during winter time, he offered barely any athletic ability and absolutely nothing in the passing game. His absence shouldn't be missed. Expect Jennings to regain the starting job and the workhorse back role once he comes back.
THE FABULOUS ONES (GUYS YOU MUST START)
1. DeMarco Murray (DAL) vs. WAS - One has to wonder how many carries Murray can maintain a game and continue to stay healthy.
2. Arian Foster (HOU) at TEN
3. Matt Forte (CHI) at NE
4. Jamaal Charles (KC) vs. STL
5. Marshawn Lynch (SEA) at CAR - The Seahawks got Lynch more involved last week. This week could be a blood bath against a crappy Panthers running defense.
6. Andre Ellington (ARI) vs. PHI - As an Eagles fan, I know just how bad the Eagles are against running backs. Especially ones who can catch.
7. Le'Veon Bell (PIT) vs. IND
8. Lamar Miller (MIA) at JAC - Daniel Thomas will get some touches, but Miller is having the best year of his career so far.
9. Ben Tate (CLE) vs. OAK
10. LeSean McCoy (PHI) at ARI - McCoy had a solid game against the Giants. He has a good chance at another 100+ yard game, but the offensive line is still very questionable. The matchup is a plus.
11. Joique Bell (DET) at ATL
12. Ronnie Hillman (DEN) vs. SD - Another big game from Hillman will push Monte Ball out of the starting picture even further once healthy.
THE QUESTIONABLE ONES (STARTERS THAT HAVE QUESTION MARKS)
13. Giovani Bernard (CIN) vs. BAL - Bernard fell from grace in Week 7 after a huge Week 6, but the entire offense is running off the rails without A.J. Green.
14. Jerick McKinnon (MIN) at TB - Played like an RB1 against the Bills' top rushing defense in the league last week. McKinnon will continue to get the rock going forward.
15. Eddie Lacy (GB) at NO - Lacy ran like a beast last week, but he is still inconsistent.
16. Branden Oliver (SD) at DEN
17. Shane Vereen (NE) vs. CHI - Vereen showed me he will be the main running back in the backfield after the loss of Stevan Ridley.
18. Ahmad Bradshaw (IND) at PIT - With Trent Richardson dealing with a hamstring injury, Bradshaw should get a lot of work. He'll get a lot of work even if T-Rich does play at less than 100%.
19. Justin Forsett (BAL) at CIN
20. Alfred Morris (WAS) at DAL - I can see the Redskins falling behind early, thus eliminating the running game before the half.
21. Christopher Ivory (NYJ) vs. BUF
22. Tre Mason (STL) at KC - Led the Rams' backfield 2 weeks in a row.
23. Darren McFadden (OAK) at CLE - Denard Robinson destroyed the Browns last week. I would think McFadden can at least rack up 100 on the ground and 4-5 receptions.
24. Reggie Bush (DET) at ATL
THE BARGAIN BIN (WHERE SOME ITEMS ARE GREAT,
BUT THERE ARE ITEMS WE HATE)
25. Mark Ingram (NO) vs. GB
26. Doug Martin (TB) vs. MIN
27. Bishop Sankey (TEN) vs. HOU
28. Denard Robinson (JAC) vs. MIA
29. Bryce Brown (BUF) at NYJ
30. Trent Richardson (IND) at PIT
31. Isaiah Crowell (CLE) vs. OAK
32. Jonathan Stewart (CAR) vs. SEA
33. Anthony Dixon (BUF) at NYJ
34. Jeremy Hill (CIN) vs. BAL
35. James Starks (GB) at NO
36. Steven Jackson (ATL) vs. DET
37. Bernard Pierce (BAL) at CIN
38. Travaris Cadet (NO) vs. GB
39. Chris Johnson (NYJ) vs. BUF
40. Bobby Rainey (TB) vs. MIN