5 Who are Hot & 5 Who are Not!
Now that we are officially through a few weeks of the regular season we are getting exactly what was expected in the fantasy world, a few surprise performers and quite a few duds who are leaving their owners with headaches and anxiety, in just a few weeks time.
Mario Manningham, Eli's best weapon?
1. Steve Slaton: Through two games in the regular season Slaton is finding it hard to get much going on the ground for the Texans, he has fumbled three balls in two games and seems to have his coach in dire straights to fix the problem. I am not writing Slaton off, but the sophomore slump could be a very real possibility for the younger back in his second year.
2. Matt Forte: Another elite RB in his second year, Matt Forte through two games is having difficulty getting things going early in the season. That is not to say he won't, but so far his production (against tough defenses) hasn't been up to par considering his draft position. I wouldn't go selling the farm on these sophomore kids, but owners will need to hope for better production in the next few weeks of the season.
3. Brandon Marshall:We all saw this coming, but there was very optimistic owners after seeing him on the field in week 1. Temper your expectations with Marshall this year after his tumultuous off-season and learning curve in McDaniels offense. Fantasy owners should pray for a trade at the deadline...like Roy Williams to Dallas last year!....Come-on Jets!
4. LaDanian Tomlinson:Yes, it's true, Ladanian is again sent to watch on the sidelines while Darren Sproles continues where he left off last season (PPR Stud!). It's sad to say, but if Tomlinson doesn't start looking healthy soon he might just be replaced in the near future. Tomlinson was looking to get back on top of the rushing podium this year until the opening game of the season against the Raiders, Tomlinson was injured early on (missing week 2) and seems to be questionable following up a week three match-up against the Dolphins. Hopefully owners handcuffed their aging star with Sproles!
5. Pittsburgh's running-game: For owners who are currently pulling out their hair on Sundays, I have to admit that they (Parker & Mendenhall) look terrible! The best running-back on that team looks like Mewelde Moore, no one envisioned that scenario again to start the season. Parker and Mendenhall are getting stood up way to often at the line of scrimmage, they need to improve this area of their game quickly, or it could be a long season for a power-running team. Hopefully Mendenhall will feel more comfortable in the back-field in the next coming weeks of the season, they need him to step up and become the franchise back they thought they were getting in the draft.
I understand that it's only week 3 coming up, but it's definitely nice to see production out of your elite players, let's face it..it's should be harder to draft (or predict) your depth players over your starters. Since we are only a few games in, let's see how these players start reacting to the criticism of bad production, hopefully they jump to the front of the line sooner rather than later.
Make sure you keep in touch with our fantasy footall update services!